AD change
Hello, I have a heart condition that's well stabilised now, and my doc has advised me to go from taking Zoloft to Paxil as the Zoloft is no longer working. Is this a cause for concern for my heart?
I dont believe that should be a problem, however with the strength and complexity of the pharmceutical inventory... I figure it never hurts to ask if i no sure;.. ur not born knowin the answer ya no lol
Yeah, I'm just a bit scared because throughout my life, I've had many different ADs even SNRIs too and even tho I'm only 28 yrs old, I found out my heart had a serious condition 9 months ago that made me change the AD I was on at the time (Effexor). I'm better now heart wise but I'm just scared now as ADs are well known to not be gd for the heart. But anyway thanks for your response, i appreciate it. its my first time actually writing on this site :) Seems like doctors sometimes don't know what they're on about and prescribe stuff without bothering to go in any depth about side effects which a particular patient could have a real issue with (ie tachycardia etc in my case).

Paxil and Zoloft treat different chemicals. I would be careful i have had friends that took paxil and wigged out
The best antidepressant is music and exercise.  Dance around your livingroom to the oldies - or get the video Sweating to the Oldies with Simmons.  Don't drink alcohol as it is a depressant.  Eat a little dark chocolate.  Fish oil and the Amino Acids GABA and Tryptophan are great for depression.  I start the day by smiling at myself in the mirror - they say it releases endorphins and makes you feel better.  What have you go to lose if you try it?  (PS  I stopped taking my Zoloft and started dancing.  More fun if you use a mirror and learn to laugh at yourself).
That works great when I'm on the up...not so much wen on a downer lol anyway, I shall see...thanks for all comments :)
More or less, the reason they would switch you (in regards to cardiac issues) would just be possible drug interactions. Stress "possible". That's all. Nothing major.

As for Paxil, it's a really effective AD. It treats a myriad issues and, for me, worked really well. I'm no longer on AD meds, but it did the trick for the time.