General Health Community
AD change
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

AD change

Hello, I have a heart condition that's well stabilised now, and my doc has advised me to go from taking Zoloft to Paxil as the Zoloft is no longer working. Is this a cause for concern for my heart?
Thanks
Blank
The best antidepressant is music and exercise.  Dance around your livingroom to the oldies - or get the video Sweating to the Oldies with Simmons.  Don't drink alcohol as it is a depressant.  Eat a little dark chocolate.  Fish oil and the Amino Acids GABA and Tryptophan are great for depression.  I start the day by smiling at myself in the mirror - they say it releases endorphins and makes you feel better.  What have you go to lose if you try it?  (PS  I stopped taking my Zoloft and started dancing.  More fun if you use a mirror and learn to laugh at yourself).
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
5083469_tn?1363346069
I dont believe that should be a problem, however with the strength and complexity of the pharmceutical inventory... I figure it never hurts to ask if i no sure;.. ur not born knowin the answer ya no lol
Blank
Yeah, I'm just a bit scared because throughout my life, I've had many different ADs even SNRIs too and even tho I'm only 28 yrs old, I found out my heart had a serious condition 9 months ago that made me change the AD I was on at the time (Effexor). I'm better now heart wise but I'm just scared now as ADs are well known to not be gd for the heart. But anyway thanks for your response, i appreciate it. its my first time actually writing on this site :) Seems like doctors sometimes don't know what they're on about and prescribe stuff without bothering to go in any depth about side effects which a particular patient could have a real issue with (ie tachycardia etc in my case).

Blank
4591205_tn?1372093134
Paxil and Zoloft treat different chemicals. I would be careful i have had friends that took paxil and wigged out
Blank
The best antidepressant is music and exercise.  Dance around your livingroom to the oldies - or get the video Sweating to the Oldies with Simmons.  Don't drink alcohol as it is a depressant.  Eat a little dark chocolate.  Fish oil and the Amino Acids GABA and Tryptophan are great for depression.  I start the day by smiling at myself in the mirror - they say it releases endorphins and makes you feel better.  What have you go to lose if you try it?  (PS  I stopped taking my Zoloft and started dancing.  More fun if you use a mirror and learn to laugh at yourself).
Blank
That works great when I'm on the up...not so much wen on a downer lol anyway, I shall see...thanks for all comments :)
Blank
More or less, the reason they would switch you (in regards to cardiac issues) would just be possible drug interactions. Stress "possible". That's all. Nothing major.

As for Paxil, it's a really effective AD. It treats a myriad issues and, for me, worked really well. I'm no longer on AD meds, but it did the trick for the time.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...