ALT,AST and T.bilirubin not getting normal.
Hi! I am a 20 years old male. Quite thin and underweight. I suffered from jaundice in october of last year. It has been almost 6 months that my ALT, AST and bilirubin values are not getting normal. initially, the values were very high which gradually decreased with time but from last three months the values are not getting lower. The value of ALT in February was 110, in March it was 122 and now ALT is 145. AST in this month's report is 52 and Total bilirubin is 2.2. My ultrasound done in february showed no fatty liver infact liver is in good shape and size.On doctor's advice i have been taking lots of fluid and diet precautions but i am really worried about the values not getting normal and seek your advice and suggestions. Kindly tell what should i do? Is it something seriously wrong?
Did they ever do a hep c test?
Yes. They also checked for hep c and hep b which came out to be negative.
Hi friend,
Ur liver will be ok,u r under weight may be ur metabolic rate is high.
if u r a drinker,first try to avoid drink for atlest 2 months,
try to have citrus beverages full of vit.C, n take fresh juice of sugarcane on alternative days for 15 days.
then contact me.
Have a sound health, take care.
Thanx
Dear Harry! Thanks for your response. I have never been a drinker in my life. You may be right about my metabolic rate. My weight is around 105 lbs(around 48 Kg). I have been taking fresh sugar can juice for a while in last month. I have also been taking two glass of Glucose water everyday from last month. I will act upon your advice and will contact u later. Regards!