General Health Community
ATT: ALL DOCTORS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

ATT: ALL DOCTORS

Hi everyone I am new at this and I really do need some support and advice please and thank you for your time I am a mother of a beautiful healthy 6yr old boy Yesterday after work I picked him up from daycare and noticed on his bottom mid section lip (not on tip of bottom lip more closer to his mouth) a cut kinda purple (with visible fluid). I questioned him immediately what had happened to his lip, he answered " I dont know" (not the first time I get that answer, he has a tendency to not remember how he gets hurt) Well I know when he lies and to me he honestly looked as if he honestly didn't know. I questioned him alittle more once we got home -does it hurt? (No) -does it itch? (no) -not even alittle? more once we got home -does it hurt? (No) -does it itch? (no) -not even alittle?(no) visible fluid was still in contact so I kept looking at it as I was focused(no) visible fluid was still in contact so I kept looking at it as I was focused looking at it he asked me "is it a cold sore and as he said that a tiny drop of his saliva went straight into my eye. He does have a sore throat and a minor cough. I took him to the doctor today explained everything to his doctor and he gave him a herpes test because he himself didn't know if it was a cold sore. I won't know until saturday morning or even monday. Honestly it has me worried for the reason why I did my own research and the doctor himself told me if it went in my eye it can get ugly so for hopefully let it not be a sore.. That left me on the side of my seat at the doctors.. I just dont know what to think I feel worried I wouldn't like to get the virus in my eye from that drop of saliva. cough. I took him to the doctor today explained everything to his doctor and cough. I took him to the doctor today explained everything to his doctor and he gave him a herpes test because he himself didn't know if it was a cold sore. I won't know until saturday morning or even monday. Honestly it has me worried for the reason why I did my own research and the doctor himself told me if it went in my eye it can get ugly so for hopefully let it not be a sore.. That left me on the side of my seat at the doctors.. I just dont know what to think I feel worried I wouldn't like to get the virus in my eye from that drop of saliva. he gave him a herpes test because he himself didn't know if it was a cold sore. I he gave him a herpes test because he himself didn't know if it was a cold sore. I won't know until saturday morning or even monday. Honestly it has me worried for the reason why I did my own research and the doctor himself told worried for the reason why I did my own research and the doctor himself told me if it went in my eye it can get ugly so for hopefully let it not be a sore.. That left me on the side of my seat at the doctors.. I just dont know what to think I feel worried I wouldn't like to get the virus in my eye from that drop of saliva. me if it went in my eye it can get ugly so for hopefully let it not be a sore.. That eft me on the side of my seat at the doctors.. I just dont know what to think I left me on the side of my seat at the doctors.. I just dont know what to think I feel worried I wouldn't like to get the virus in my eye from that drop of saliva.
I suggest you see an Opthamologist just to play it safe!
when any fluid hits the eye there are many things that can happen like irritation and it can become inflaimed so id watch it very carefully