Abdominal pain and Navel Swelling years after laproscopic gallbladder removal
In July of 2009 my gallbladder was removed leaving my navel looking the way it did before. In 2012 I started experiencing sharp pains similar to the pain immediately after surgery. Drs ordere CT and ultrasound and blood tests urinalysis all inconclusive. In 2013 a ballon emerged from my navel and Dr suspected a hernia so another round of tests inconclusive. The solution was simply to make an incision in the painful balloon to drain some fluid and pressure. It went from a walnut size smooth balloon to a prune still painful and protruding. In an attempt to stop the pain I've improved my eating habits worked out regularly and lost 30 pounds. Still I am plagued my this pain that recently sent me to the ER. Another round of the same tests to simply be told it is scared tissue and nothing can be done. I was offered all types of narcotics for pain relief all of which I refused. I am not willing to live on pain medication the rest of my life. This pain is increasingly difficult and I fear will prevent me from bearing more children. It keeps me from sleeping and more recently makes it difficult to get out of bed. How do I find a Dr to help. Should I consider acupuncture therapy
Forget about acupuncture for the moment. This sounds like an incisional hernia in-spite of the negative scans etc.When you press gently on it can you reduce it in size?
If not then clearly there is something wrong. Under general anesthetic I think you need incision revision and have the area formally explored by a good general surgeon. It may well be that inside you have adhesion from the incision to some abdominal content and the only way to to find this out is through formal open surgery. This is not necessary a "big" operation but it does I think need to be done.