General Health Community
Adderall and nutrition
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adderall and nutrition

I have been taking the "generic" Adderall (adderrall) 20 mg tablet for some years now (6-7) I requested the generic since it is cheaper, but since it is a tablet and not a capsule, Im aware that all that time it was IR, not XR as the prescription requested. I took a break for about 6 months, and now, going back to school I have started back up on Adderall (adderrall) 20 mg XR capsule. I see more side effects with this med than I ever did with the IR- Headaches, "lump in throat"  5 hrs in, severe appitite suppresion, and nausea to the point that I have to lay down for up to 2 hours. ( I'm suprised I CAN lay down, at times even sleep while on thte med, it makes me feel better) The nausea is so bad I have actually resorted to weed to counter act it and bring back my appitite. The main concern is that my bowles have become VERY frequent, I can feel them moving fast thru out the day and  excess gas. I have at least 2 BMs a day, mostly very soft and at times unformed. I eat very healthy, organic meals and focus alot on my nutrition because I am constantly trying to prevent  cervical dysplasia, treating myself with many vitamins and supplements.  I understand that since adderall (adderrall) is a stimulent, it will speed the process up, but does that mean that my body is not efficiantly absorbing the nutrients from my food and supplements?