General Health Community
After Jacuzzi and Steam Room I fainted

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

After Jacuzzi and Steam Room I fainted

I am a 21 years old male and I weigh 155lb. For the past week or so I have been battling a cold (the second cold I have had in 3 weeks). I have been taking Amoxicillin and Anti-Histamine as prescribed by my doctor. 3 nights ago I went to my gym here in Vegas and did a light work out of resistance exercises. I felt perfectly fine afterward. After the lifting I went inside the steam room for about 10-15 minutes and immediately after I went inside the Jacuzzi for about 10-15 minutes. The water in the jacuzzi was particularly hotter than usual. After I got out of the jacuzzi I decided to sit down on the bench. After about 1-2 minutes of sitting I began to feel very light-headed and dizzy, I started seeing blue flashes, almost like when you immediately stand up after laying down or sitting down for a long time, only these were not going away. I decided to stand up and go to the shower room and while I was walking the "blue got a little worse" and my right leg started giving out (like a baby horse trying to stand up), I felt like I was limping or walking wabbly on my right. When I got in the shower room I felt like I was going to pass out, the room started getting very dark. Next thing I know I have my dad behind me asking me if I am alright then I went out. I didnt fall because my dad was carrying me to the bench inside the locker room. I was seeing black and had VERY minimal consciousness. The next thing I know I feel my dad massaging my back and I come back to life almost instantly my eyes can "see" again. The Paramedics came to check my blood sugar and my blood pressure both of which were pretty low. I had VERY little to eat that day and had very little water in me as well, about a glass or two to be exact. After "waking up" I felt perfectly fine and was able to walk and see perfectly fine. Was what I experienced a heat stroke or heat exhaustion of sorts? Or was it a combination of being on meds, having very little food and water in me, and sitting in a steam room and jacuzzi for a while?
Low blood pressure suggests dehydration and systemic vasodilation. Don't be overly concerned. Just take it easy when you are sick and stay hydrated. I doubt the blood sugar had anything to do with it.
I had that happen when I was your age.  I discovered that I simply can't tolerate jacuzzis and steam rooms.  So, the best course of action was never going in the jacuzzi again when I was working at the health club.  And, only going in the steam room first thing in the morning to warm up while the heater was still warming up.  I'm sure you'll be just fine again, too, if you simply stay out of jacuzzis and steam rooms.  Some of us simply can't tolerate the heat or even the moving water.  Later, it was discovered that I also can't tolerate the chlorine gas in pools and jacuzzis either.

I believe it was bad combo of things.  Take it easy.  
i faint alot too, i have this thing called hypoglycemic blood sugar where if i dont have a constant intake of food, i faint when i get up (im very slim and that doesn't affect my weight) but im guessing it was a mix of many issues, first off, having a low blood sugar level, second, going into a steam room or jaccousi makes your heart rate rise, so when you finally got out to the pool room where it was cooler and you had a chance to sit down so your heart rate was going down, your brain must not have been able to tolerate all of the change and simply shut down. i ahve no idea if this is you problem or if it will help, but that is my geuss on what happened.  also, this happened almost a year ago now that i look at the dates so you must have it figured out!