Am I okay? I blacked out...
So on Saturday I went out. I was on my period. I had smoked some weed and then went to the bar. I ordered an Amaretto and then a pineapple and rum. I didn't eat much that day either. I wasn't drunk at all and didn't feel high. I decided to smoke a cigarette and I was so dizzy that I couldn't finish it and had to sit down. It got so bad that I told my friends that I had to leave. I was really hot and was sweating. We went to leave and halfway to the door I collapsed. All I saw was black and I couldn't hear anything. My friends said I was unresonsive, very pale, and my eyes were rolling back in my head for 2-3 minutes. When I woke up, I felt better like nothing had happened. Did I black out? Did I have a seizure? I've never had a seizure or blacked out before. Is this serious?
It could be that your blood sugar had dropped since you did'nt eat much that day. You should have went to the hospital or a med center so they could have checked your sugar, blood pressure and iron levels.
How are you feeling now?
It might be a good idea to see your Dr even though this happened Saturday.
Sounds like a combonation of all the above with a little anemia thrown in. No sense in taking the chance though, go to the Dr. .
are you hypoglycemic? i would start keeping a 'journal' of feeling 'dizzy' 'sweaty', being 'hot' all over, for one week from the time you awake until you go to bed, record all food, drinks, 'weed' and to see if there is a 'pattern' and were you post or pre menstrual when this occurred? as far as the 'seizure' activity, did your body convulse [twitch] with no control, [flopping like a fish out of water] loss of bowel/ bladder...ask each friend that was w/ you separately...many times when a gal is on her cycle, 'goofy' unexplanable things happen very episodic, and never happen again...keep a diary, i think, based upon the info that i was presented, that you experienced a 'hypoglycemic episode' also do you have a familiar history of diabetes in family, heart disease, etc, it is impt. that you find out now while you are still in school!!!! keep me posted!!!
Okay thanks everyone for your input. I called the nurse and she didn't even want me to come in. I thought that was weird but she said it was probably because I didn't eat much before I drank. That's all she said. So from now on, I will eat a meal before I drink.