Anal mucus, abnormal vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain!
Hi, I need some advice please.  I am a 38 yr. old female.  No children.  Average height (5'4") and slightly overweight (145).  I have been having lots of problems lately starting months ago with lots of changes with my bowels.  My stools have been abnormal....very small, lots of mucus, and blood mixed in with the stool.  Lately, over the past month or two I've started passing mucus without stool and on a couple occasions I've had a tiny accident or two.  In the last week the frequency and amount of mucus has increased significantly.  I have had some pain in the butt and I can feel two tiny bumps inside my anus.  I've had hemorrhoids before and these don't seem to be hemorrhoids.  Now, a week ago, I started bleeding vaginally.  I have been on birth control pills (microgestin) for years and I haven't had a period for many years.  My doc said it is no big deal.  About six months ago I had the same thing happen and I bled for 3-4 weeks.  It has been a week since the bleeding started again.  It is not heavy, but I do need a tampon.  Today, I started have an intense pain in my lower left pelvic/groin area.  It is excruciating.  

My mother has metastatic cancer of unknown origin.  They don't know where it started but she has bone and liver mets and she test positive for certain breast cancer tumor markers.  I'm not sure if that is relevant or not.

I have an appointment with the doctor in May but I'm wondering if I need to try and see a doctor sooner.  Does this warrant a trip to the ER?

Thank you any advice.  
I suggest seeing a doctor A.S.A.P.
yes, please see a dr asap... you've waited too long and your dr doesn't sound to have provided good advice.
OBGYN ASAP! Due not wait. Several possibilities none really good.
ER  would be smart. Your probably going to have to endure a pelvic exam as well as an pelvic ultrasound.  I hope and will pray that there is nothing so wrong that you can't be fixed.  God Bless