General Health Community
Ankle and Foot Edema w Signs of Bleeding Under Skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hi...

My mother is 85 and develops from time to time mild to severe edema in her lower legs, but mostly ankles and feet that subside after 1-2 weeks. In recent months, this cyclic development is accompanied by signs of under-skin bleeding (red & violet patches) in both feet that last even after the edema is mostly gone.

Can someone tell me the cause(s), and which doctor I should take her to considering her age and impaired mobility.

She is currently on Minirin (2mg/day), Oxybutinine (3x1/2 tabs/day), Bethanechol (1/2 tab/day), Imipramine 10 mg (1 tab/night) medication for her Urge Incontinence, as well as Captopril 25 mg (2x1/2 tab/day) and Warfarin (1/2 tab/day). Could this be the side-effect of one of these drugs (e.g. Warfarin, or Bethanecol)?

Thanks in advance

Is there anyone here with a similar experience or knowledge of the causes?