General Health Community
BPPV lasts how long?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

BPPV lasts how long?

Can first onset of BPPV occur for a few hours one day than goes away for months than come again another day for a few hours or less? or does it happen consistantly for days and weeks until it suddenly stops. but than can reoccur after that?
I had the worse dizzy spells after I had that nasty cold that went around a couple months ago.  It lasted for like 3 months.  It was when I would lay down on my bed and turn my head to look left or another angle.  It happened when I got up from my bed too.  It sucked.  I went to the dr and they gave me anti-dizzy meds and pain meds.  I thought something was wrong with me.  Then I randomly bought an air purifier with hepa filter to put in my room, because it was getting dusty.  The next morning the vertigo was gone and I haven't had it since.  It could be too dusty in your house.  They sell good ones at home depot and walmart.  Get the one with hepa filter, this kind can filter dust mites and their allergens.  The ones without hepa cannot.
Thanks for the info. But But can bppv begin with random dizziness that occurs like for a day or a few hours and the. Is gone for months or even years. Or does the onset of bppv have to be lasting for everyday for a week or so before it slowly goes away? Then it can return and be sporadic. Don't you have to have a continuous days of feeling dizzy when moving your head to make sure that it is bppv and not just normal dizziness?
Since BPPV is caused by calcium deposits in the inner ear, it can come and go... you should practice the exercises given to you by your doctor.  Tilting the head and holding the position for two to three minutes can move the deposits and give you some relief.  But, yes, anytime the calcium deposits move back, you will have vertigo.  Ask your doctor for the exercise sheet to help you do them at home.
I never was dianosged with bppv. And I never really have spinning dizziness when my head it straight it only happens VERY occasionally when my head it bent n twisted. I never had nysagtmas and ill be dizzy only when I move my head n it will last for a day or a few hours then the next day I'm totally fine and it will be fine for months n even year. The. Randomly ill be dizzy again when moving my head but again goes away after a few hours. Next day month I'm fine. That's why I don't thik it's bppv. Never was a long week of it or anything n I went to an ENT when I was feeling weird, of course wasn't dizzy that day. But I went n they told me I don't have bppv. So I'm just sill anxious about it and wondering if this could be like a werid form of bppv? So worried this is my biggest fear is having an inner ear disorder. Please help.
It's possible that you have a pinched nerve in your neck causing your dizzy spells.  You might try a chiropractor, osteopath or acupuncture.  A lack of Magnesium can also cause dizzy spells, anxiety, spasms,  and other strange sensations.  Since the doctor says you don't have vertigo, try some alternative supplements.  I sincerely hope this helps.
so you don't think my dizziness could be a weird form of bppv?
The doctors say you don't have vertigo, so it could be something else causing the dizziness.  anything from low blood pressure to syncope, to pinched nerves, Fibromyalgia,  middle ear infections, clogged eustacian tubes, almost anything.   -  I would have my ears checked also to be sure there isn't anything going on in there.