General Health Community
Blood blister on big toe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Blood blister on big toe

Just returned from backpacking on the AT...I have a blood blister on big toe of right foot. Blister is at base of nail and extends under the nail. It is not painful but itches. Not sure what I should do...have not popped blister. Thanks for any advice.
do not pop the blister...its natures way of protecting the skin underneath.  Skin repair is a product to wipe over blister to try and assist keeping it intact until it breaks on its own...When it does break keep it clean with soap and water and bandage if bleeding.  CHange dressing daily until skin is heeled with no more drainage.
You don't want to pop a blood blister just leave it alone. You can put a wrap or bandaid Keep it clean and don't rub it.