General Health Community
Body temperature

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Body temperature

I am curious to understand an experience I had recently. If anyone has theories explaining this would be helpful :

I read at a lot of places that the body temperature changes when you sleep, almost always cools down when you sleep. (I am assuming this is because the body is trying to conserve energy, physically thinking, lower temperature would imply lower change in entropy). However, the other day I slept without Turing my heater on and it was very cold. However I woke up with a much higher body temperature. It wasn't the regular fever everyone experiences with weakness and fatigue but just heated body. I wonder if there is any relation between the cold environment and the rise of body temperature - any documented theory in the literature ?

I tried linking it to my fear of std I may have acquired but based on a discussion of this on that forum suggests its not related to STD. So I'm curious to know why this maybe the case?

I've heard people have night sweats - I did not experience any sweating that I can remember. But my body was certainly warmer. Also I think my head was Warner than my feet.

Any one know what's happening ? Is it natural ?
Thanks.
Paranoid guy.
Completely natural.  Your head is always warmer than your feet, your brain is more important than your toenails and your body knows that.

If you're going to sleep in a very cold room you will also get shivvers as body tries to warm itself up.  Don't get hypothermic and stay warm.
Thank you for your response.

This is relaxing - I guess there is a lot of paranoia associated making me hypochondriac. Just as a note, my body temperature (measured on the armpit) was between 99.2F and 99.5F.

Its higher than the natural body temperature of 98F but wouldn't be classified as high fever, or something to worry about. Correct?
how often does it happen?
Any high blood pressure? people with high blood pressure get hot sometimes.
Any alcohol consumption before bed?
Anything that might suggest hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)?
In the last week, almost every day I feel ...

I have not measured my BP or sugar levels, though I'm not diabetic and do not drink alcohol.

I was wondering if this was systemic response to my fear of contracting STD from a person, or possibly body fighting some random infection?