General Health Community
Boil Popped - Taking Care of It

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Boil Popped - Taking Care of It

I had a boil on my inner left thigh for about two months. I started taking antibiotics and using warm water and it seemed to go away. Then about three days ago it came back and recently exploded with blood. I drained it and cleaned it up, and then put neosporine on it and covered it with a bandaid. From here will it heal on it's own, or will it return worse, or will it just scar? What should I do as far as keeping it clean?
When you take off the band-aid, if it looks like it's healing, you should be good to go. However, you might have to see a doctor about this. My mom had a huge boil on her bottom and she had to get a specific medication to take care of it. I don't see it returning worse, you are doing good things to help it. So, yeah, it should be ok, because you used neosporine on it, but, like I said, if after a couple days it dosen't look any better, see a doctor.

Wait, as long as it's not growing in size, I mean out, not deep. If it has grown out in area, please see a doctor.
I would have your physician assess the site since this boil has returned.  It is hard to say if it will or won't heal well on its own.  
sounds like the skin healed over some trapped blood that needed to drain. better out than in! i would keep it clean by showering often and a clean dressing in place to stop any rubbing. if the surrounding area becomes red, painful and swollen then another trip to your Doctor is needed.