General Health Community
Bruised ribs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bruised ribs

How long does it take to heal bruised ribs?  Are there activities that I shouldn't do?  The pain is intense, from under my arm across the top of my breast/chest,  I can't bend, lift or move with out  pain.  It also hurts to breath deep.
Liza
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your rib cage is attached by cartilage at the sternum. Over time calcium and bone forms over those connections. A hard enough impact will loosen this growth. That in turn allows the cartilage to move after years of not. There are many nerves there. It took me almost 3 months to recover from my incident. Hope that helped.
Blank
I play football and Ive had bruised ribs.... It took me 6 months to recover... You should just take it easy for a month or so
Blank
Thanks- I think-  6 MONTHES!  Ugh!  When does the intense pain go away?  Which pain meds work the best?  When can I engage in normal activities?  Liza
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
In my case the pain lasted six months, but it was greatly diminished after three months.

Try asking your doctor about use of a transdermal lidocaine patch over the bruised area. You cut a little piece, but don't wear it more than 12 hours out of the day.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank