General Health Community
Can Diazepam cause anger?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can Diazepam cause anger?

I have no idea where to post this.
I had to take diazepam for a dental procedure and I noticed that after taking just 5mg. I became very angry and snippy. Is it possible that it was the medication? If so, I need to know so I don't take it ever again.
I have been diagnosed as bipolar(doing well without meds 2 years now), ADHD(no meds), cfs/Fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel and migraines.
Could any of these contribute to what happened or is just my physiology that caused this.
After sleeping off the diazepam the anger was completely gone and I was back to normal(for me).
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have asthma and before surgery I have to use a breathing treatment.  They make me very edgy and I always wake up fighting the nurses.  So yes, medications that make you agitated.  My sister does the same thing when she is given anti-nausea medications mixed with pain meds after surgery.  So it is possible the medication caused the agitation you were experiencing.
Blank
1928835_tn?1326988764
the stress from the procedure can cause your irritation also the idea of medication can also create a problem
Blank
I really wish a doctor would have answered this one.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...