General Health Community
Can I take these medications at the same time?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Can I take diflucan and cefzil at the same time? I had a baby 3 months ago delivered by c-section therefore was given antibiotics. This, in turn, resulted in me developing thrush therefore I was put on diflucan. I also was just prescribed cefizil to prevent infection in a growth I just had removed from my nose. Is it okay to take these medications simultaneously? Thanks!
That's a great question for your pharmacist.  They are more knowledgeable in the area of drug interactions than most doctors, so just give the store a call.  If you're breastfeeding, make sure you mention it.  I've found my pharmacy staff very helpful for these situations, and they really do like being consulted.  There's a whole lot more to that job than counting pills.  

I sure hope the thrush goes away soon.  I had it once from high-power antibiotics after a surgery and never knew it could burn so much.  A neighbor made dinner for me when I got out of the hospital, which was just when the symptoms began.  He likes his food hot and spicy, and normally I do too, but you can imagine what tons of pepper feels like on a tongue with thrush.  YOWZA!  The diflucan didn't help much, so I started taking acidopholus supplements on my doctor's advice.  They actually worked, and I don't take antibiotics at all without also taking acidopholus.  You might want to ask your pharmacist about that one too.  Congrats on the new baby!