General Health Community
Can I take these medications at the same time?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I take these medications at the same time?

Can I take diflucan and cefzil at the same time? I had a baby 3 months ago delivered by c-section therefore was given antibiotics. This, in turn, resulted in me developing thrush therefore I was put on diflucan. I also was just prescribed cefizil to prevent infection in a growth I just had removed from my nose. Is it okay to take these medications simultaneously? Thanks!
Related Discussions
82861 tn?1333457511
That's a great question for your pharmacist.  They are more knowledgeable in the area of drug interactions than most doctors, so just give the store a call.  If you're breastfeeding, make sure you mention it.  I've found my pharmacy staff very helpful for these situations, and they really do like being consulted.  There's a whole lot more to that job than counting pills.  

I sure hope the thrush goes away soon.  I had it once from high-power antibiotics after a surgery and never knew it could burn so much.  A neighbor made dinner for me when I got out of the hospital, which was just when the symptoms began.  He likes his food hot and spicy, and normally I do too, but you can imagine what tons of pepper feels like on a tongue with thrush.  YOWZA!  The diflucan didn't help much, so I started taking acidopholus supplements on my doctor's advice.  They actually worked, and I don't take antibiotics at all without also taking acidopholus.  You might want to ask your pharmacist about that one too.  Congrats on the new baby!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
caregiver222