General Health Community
Can gastritis be fatal and what is the best way to cure it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

I was just diagnosed as having gastritis on top of having a hiatal hernia and diverticulosis. Can gastritis be fatal? I certainly feel very ill and in alot of pain with even my intestines hurting, urinating alot more and a rapid heart beat. Also what is the best way to cure or treat gastritis? I'm currently on Ranitidine anti acid reflux meds. They don't seem to be doing a whole awful lot unfortunately. Any help would be greatly valued and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Hello.  I am so sorry that you are feeling so ill.  Yes, gastritis can feel like a heart attack.  But, it isn't.  I take enzymes before every meal and find that my stomach hurts much less and I don't have to take Ranitidine or other PPI's or anti-acids.  The enzymes take care of that problem for me.
     I hope it will also work for you.
Wishing you the best.
Thank you very much for your post. Thank you for your knowledge and wow what kind of enzymes are these and where does one buy them? That sounds very promising. Thank you very much! :) Wishing the best and happiness for you with anything and everything. :)
   Sorry I didn't answer sooner.... I take Gluten Cutter from Walmart.  It contains over 10 different types of enzymes including the ones for candida, lactose intolerance and gluten.  In effect, it touches all bases.
     You could also just take Papaya enzymes just before eating.  Those are available at the health food store and maybe at Walgreens or a CVS pharmacy.
     Some people just need to take Hydochloric acid with Pepsin.  As we get older (I'm 70) we don't make enough acid to digest our food and it causes digestive problems.

I hope this information was helpful for you.  Wishing you the best outcome!