General Health Community
Car accident bruising

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Car accident bruising

I was in a car accident about 3 weeks ago.  Perhaps a week after the accident bruises appeared on my thigh. They looked pretty bad. At the time, it appeared that I had faded bruises...but really what happened was that those bruises were coming to the surface. The original bruises have faded, the second set of bruises are fading, but it looks like a whole new crop of fresh bruises are appearing.  What is going on?
Probably just healing of the broken blood vessels, sometimes we get hit in areas and do not even know it until we see a bruise, this could be the problem with your bruises. Are they all in the same place? Three weeks is not a long time for healing, so, you might notice more things as time goes on. Have you seen a doctor since the accident? If not, might be a good idea to get checked to make sure all is well internally as well as externally.