General Health Community
Cataract surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cataract surgery

Hi,
I'm a
year old female who is having cataract surgery soon on the left eye first.
I'm very myopic and try to choose the right IOL for myself. I was only given two options which are ReStore multifocal lens and Traditional Monofocal lens. I work on the computer all day and drive at night often.
My main concerns with Restore lens is the potential glare and poor night vision
and poor intermediate vision with Monofocal lens.
I don't mind wearing reading glasses but wouldn't be happy to wear glasses for intermediate vision.
What would be your opinion in my case?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, I was severely myoptic too, bad enough that I was legally blind without my glasses. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes and at the time there was no lens they could use. I've had glasses ever since and, frankly, am glad that I did not get lens since almost everyone I've talked with says the one near and the other far drives them crazy. Glasses might not be your first choice, but you won't have problems with glare, night vision, etc wearing glasses. Once the lens are in, you're done. They don't change them or take them out. If you decide to get lens, I suggest getting  both far or both near, not a different one in each eye. Incidentally, if you're very nearsighted, your eyes will always want to go back to their myopic state - my doctor warned me about this. Don't know how the lens will work, but I've had multiple glass lens changes due to my eyes struggling back. Also I became very astigmatic after surgery. Good luck.
Blank
Hi
multifocal lens trend is going on these days,
there is a big difference in the price of both multi and monofocal if u hav no prob wid that,u shuld go 4 multi.
Thanx
Blank
Thank you so much for your advice.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity