Cigarette burn
Three days ago I was at a party. Everyone was screwing around and I just happened to have my head in the wrong place when someone with a lit cigarette flailed his arm.

Thank God my eye was closed. The cigarette burned both my top lid and bottom lid on the outside corners. The burn immediately blistered and the blister immediately popped.

I iced the burn for about five minutes but was drinking and quickly lost interest. The burn doesn't hurt and I've been washing it every day (since the morning after) and putting Neosporin on it. It's always very swollen in the morning (I almost can't open it), but that goes down after being up for an hour or so and the swelling continues to decrease as the day wears on. There's a yellow film over both burn spots; the bottom one is crustier, I imagine because the top can't dry out while my eye is open and holding moisture on the lid. I am tempted to pick this off, but haven't. There hasn't been any discharge, puss, or reblistering. The area below my eye also swells - it looks like a really bloated sinus, but it's just a pocket above my cheekbone. My eyelid and the area around my eye are red.

Again, this doesn't hurt, I just don't want to get an infection or have it scar any worse than it already may. I can't go to the doctor because I don't have health insurance. Unless there's an obvious infection I can't afford to go.

This discussion is related to Lab. Mistake HCL acid inhale.
I tried to post this in the burn forum. I don't know why it ended up here.

Sorry.