General Health Community
Constipation after quitting smoking

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Constipation after quitting smoking

So, I had been a smoker for over 10 years and have recently quit (about a week ago).  Since quitting I have been suffering from what I would describe as moderate to severe constipation.  I have been eating a good diet of fruits and vegetables and have even been taking additional fiber supplements, and am still not getting the relief I need.  As a result, I am extremely bloated and uncomfortable.  HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
Relax, you have successfully  beaten the old curse of smoking,well done, as we know it is a major addiction and hard to quit and you did it, it is bound to have left you with some anxiety, so chill out, leave your Bowels alone , as you are eating healthily unless they are on vacation (Your Bowels)all should be well soon, make sure there is plenty of Bulk when you eat the veg and fruits how about you add Oatmeal or some other chosen delicious high fibre cereal. Relaxing is the Key here , and more exercise will help 'move' things along!