Cosmetic ingredients which may be harmful
Hi All,

I just had a general question about some ingredients of a certain product which is called Kalo Hair inhibitor lotion. It has plenty of bad write up on the internet about it is dangerous to use as some ingredients can cause cancer. The ingredients that are most worrying in the product is propylparaben, methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, EDTA which are deemed dangerous and can cause cancer.

I have done some research on other products I use and found that these ingredients are in some cetaphil and dermologica products as well.

In your professional opinion do you believe this product is safe to use. I have bought 2 tubes costing me $100 and haven't used them yet because I am not sure if they are not safe.

I will be using the product on my face and neck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Is this prodcut safe???? Please see link below for full ingredients:

http://nisim.com/Kalo-Kalo-Hair-Inhibitor/c4_23/p32/Kalo-Post-Epilating-Lotion-2-oz/60-ml/product_info.html?osCsid=phll923l3miulb9pjj6cnbifa7
I don't really know this product.  One place that has useful information online is called the Environmental Working Group.  This site compares a lot of personal care products that people use.

Unfortunately, a lot of those ingredients are in other cosmetics as well. To be free of all chemicals, you would need to get them at a health food store, even then, you need to read the labels, but, for the most part, you are pretty safe.

If you are really worried, I would send your products back and try the "natural" products instead.
I am not a brainiac with this, but I know to just steer WAAAAY clear of any lipstick that lasts long because it usually has cancer causing ingrediants (Mainly expensive brands) And waterproof mascara is harmful to your eyelashes.
I know I am not much help, sorry.