General Health Community
Could this be a blood clot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Could this be a blood clot?

I woke up 2 days ago (Saturday) with a bruise like pain on the inside of my right knee. It is slightly above where the knee bends, on the side of my leg though. It is very tender to the touch, feels exactally like a bruise when poked. When I looked for any marks for the pain there was nothing. However when I checked again later in the evening it had started to turn red. Now it is quite red and the area is about 3 inches in diameter. It is a solid red and is not "spotty" or "stringy" patterned. Pain does not seem to be deep, but rather shallow in my leg.
There is absolutely no joint pain in the knee. It does not hurt to walk, run, or stand. There only seems to be pain when I touch it directly, or when I bend my knee a certain way. My leg doesn't feel any different from normal. Nor does the rest of my leg seem to be discolored or swelling. In comparison to the same area on my other leg, the red area does seem warm. My leg does feel a little stiff when sitting, and the red area does feel a little hard when I try to touch it. I don't have a fever of any sort.
At first I thought it was just a bruise, but I had no idea where I would have gotten a bruise like that while I was sleeping. It hasn't changed colors like a bruise usually does, and that's what made me look for other things.
I am a 24 year old female, and I am overweight.
It sounds like it could be cellulitis.  One cause of cellulitis I have seen is a spider bite.  When my ex had an apparent spider bite with what looked like cellulitis to me, I took him to his PCP and he was given antibiotics.  It cleared up.  
Please see a doctor.  Cellulitis, if that is what you have, can be life-threatening.
If it were a blood clot, DVT, there would be a great deal of swelling and pain.

Good luck.
do you feel heat in that area?  if u push on it does your finger leave an imprint which may be deep and does it come back quickly or slow?  absolutel
do you feel heat in that area?  if u push on it does your finger leave an imprint which may be deep and does it come back quickly or slow?  absolutely DO NOT RUB IT!!!!!  see your doc immediately !!!!  good luck let me know how you are!
I talked to a doctor who is a friend of the family and he prescribed me some antibioticts for cellulitus. This was on tuesday, now it is sunday and the spot is pretty much gone.  I didnt think of cellulitus as being the culprit because i thought that usually started with a bug bite or deep cut in the area that produced pain.however i had a bug bite on the calf of my other leg that appeared about the same time.
Cellulitis in an infection of the deeper layers of the skin.

The infection is caught through any punctures or open wounds on the skin.

I suffer from broken skin from time to time due to eczema and had a really bad dose of cellulitis at Christmas.  The pain just above the knee that went all the way round was horrendous and unbearable to touch.

Glad you caught it in time without it getting too severe.

Best wishes.