Dangerous ingredients in cosmetic products
Hi All,

I just had a general question about some ingredients of a certain product which is called Kalo Hair inhibitor lotion. It has plenty of bad write up on the internet about it is dangerous to use as some ingredients can cause cancer. The ingredients that are most worrying in the product is propylparaben, methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, EDTA which are deemed dangerous and can cause cancer.

I have done some research on other products I use and found that these ingredients are in some cetaphil and dermologica products as well.

In your professional opinion do you believe this product is safe to use. I have bought 2 tubes costing me $100 and haven't used them yet because I am not sure if they are not safe.

I will be using the product on my face and neck. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hello....both propylparaben and methylparaben are non-comedogenic and are preservatives for both bacteria and mold.  Have been reputed as safe with a very low toxicity factor and low sensitizing factor.   Diazolidinyl urea is usually in doses of .3 or 3% which is low and is a deodorizer and antiseptic. It is a preservative against bacteria and fungi.  
I hope you find this useful.  
Thanks for your reply Lynguini.

But would you deem these ingredients to be safe to use on your skin for long term use (2+years)?

Here is a link to the ingredients page below:

http://nisim.com/Kalo-Kalo-Hair-Inhibitor/c4_23/p21/Ingredients/pages.html?osCsid=phll923l3miulb9pjj6cnbifa7

Your reply would be much appreciated
An excellent question!  The truth is that I don't know, however, I do know that a majority of creams do contain the "ingredients" and have been used daily over the past days, months, years, .... are they safe?  I have not heard of any individual who has become toxic using any of these products according to their instructions.  The best advice I was ever given is:  When is doubt, Don't  ...........  I hope you do find out if this product is safe to use longterm....good luck....