General Health Community
Darier's disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Darier's disease

I was recently diagnosed with darier's disease and was given a ointment to use on the rash, the ointment is working however my question is this. Is there any cure to this disease or any way to make the rash permanently disappear/dormant?
I am not familiar with this, I did a google search, but, I really could not find if there was a way to make the rash disappear permanently. Maybe your dermatologist would know more about that.
i could not find anything that say it will be perminently cured i am sorry i would stick to the ointment and maybe look for a at home remidey to stop the symptoms and if you find one that works use it instead it could save you some money
There is, however one have to become a healer and medical expertise to achieve this state.
What is the name of the ointment that was working for Dariers Disease?
I to have Dariers Disease aka Keratosis Follicularis. I was born with and sadly it is the most troublesome disease to treat as what may work for me may not for you and location of where you live plays a big role. In most cases I would recommend Soriatane at 25mg a day to start and if you see no improvement than 50mg might help. It is however very expensive at nearly 1,700 to 2,000 a month so it's best to have really good insurance. There are also many ointments that will be tried on you most likely as time goes on but a decent one to start with is Clobetasol, and even Bactroban can help in many cases. Sadly you will find that not many Dermatologists are good at treating us as they try to treat us like psoriasis and eczema patients which we aren't. The main problem with KF is that the ATP2A2 gene does not function at full strength hence your skin does not regenerate at a normal rate and vitamin A doesn't flow too well in our systems. This is where Soriatane and other retinoids play a part but be warned that they have a lot of side effects and some serious depending on your age. I hope this information helps and if you would like to know more feel free to leave your email and I'll contact you with some links to check out if you wish.