Determining if I Have ADD
Hello, I am an 18 year old college student in a bind.

Simply, how can I found out if I have ADD? I know I should talk to my family doctor but I live in a different city now for college and have no one to ask. It is affecting my performance in school work and bringing up the subject to my parents gets instantly shot down. I don't know what to do. I have had a problem studying and doing homework throughout my school career but luckily there was no much of that to bother me in high school. I've always done well, but I have HUGE problems sitting down to study, listen in class, and remembering to do as well as doing homework. To give a little background, in high school, I graduated in the top 10%, honors, and all that. But let's be real here. The information in high school was easy. My problem was applying myself to learn that information. Maybe it's too late to diagnose, but it is getting aggravating and very stressful.

Thanks for your responses.
My son is 12 years old and was Diagnosed with ADHD since 7 years old. He was expelled from pre-school due to his hiperactivity and we had lots of problems. I can just tell you about his symptoms with ADD from my own experience. He can't remember things as well as other. We put signes in his room and round the house to help him remember his normal day to day tasks like, make your bed, open your curtains etc.  He is in a normal school does a bit below average but for me it's good enough he really battles to consentrate. He is on a special diet, and on Ritalin. The doctors told us that he can perhaps go off from the Ritalin when he is 13. Why dont you go to a neurologist and have yourself tested? My son's been at a neurologist, phsycologist, etc. There is so many factors to keep in mind. Good luck!
Good luck!