General Health Community
Diagnosis?

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Diagnosis?

hi! im charity.. medical technologist in profession. I have a CBC result with normal hemoglobin and hematocrit but high rbc count and low MCV, MCH and MCHC. This really bothered me alot nowadays... how could i distinguish if im just an iron deficient or having a thalassemia? I have already gone near total thyroidectomy because of a benign nodule in my thyroid.. we run again a test for my thyroid but FT3 and FT4 are normal and my TSH is low... with my case, is my thyroid also affecting the production of my rbc? and the content of it?
Check thalassemia's other symptoms and prevent them. If the case become worse, contact an eye-immune system  expert and nutritionist. Yes, thyroid sometimes can also affect the production of rbc and the content of "it".