General Health Community
Dizziness, weakness, diarrhea, rapid heart-rate.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hello. Two nights ago I was sitting down and when I got up, I suddenly felt dizzy like I was going to pass out. As time passed, I felt extremely weak and felt like I needed to go to sleep even though it wasn't bed time. Again felt like I was going to faint. The room felt like it was spinning.

Then today I woke up feeling dizzy like I did before bed. Was breathless and felt I was going to faint again. I ate breakfast and the symptoms went away. I felt perfect after eating a brownie for lunch and having a green tea with honey.

Then towards night time the feelings came back 4 hours after my last meal. I felt dizzy like I was going to pass out again. I kept shaking and felt cold even though it's warm. I felt anxious because I didn't/don't understand why my body's doing this. My body was tingling and felt numb. I kept feelings 'waves' go through me and it gave me diarrhea and made my heart race. My stomach also hurt and felt very bloated even though I didn't eat much. I thought maybe I was dehydrated so I kept drinking but it just made my stomach feel worse. I wondered if it was low blood sugar so I had half an apple and a chocolate pudding. It was very hard to eat either. I felt nauseous and felt like I was going to puke. I had diarrhea a couple times, urinated a few times, and had a lot of gas. A couple hours later and I felt better like nothing had even happened.

When the symptoms come, it's very nerve wracking. I don't get what's going on. Please help me out and give me some advice.
It does sound like low blood sugar  ie. Hypoglycemia.  You might keep a food diary and try not to eat too many carbs.  See a dietician about a diet to keep your blood sugar levels stable.
Like silverfox67 says, this sounds very much like hypoglycaemia.  This is when your sugar levels drop too low giving you the symptoms you describe.  

Although hypoglycaemia can happen to people who do not have diabetes, it would be worth you seeing your doctor to check you out for diabetes.  

Whether your tests show that you are diabetic or not, you will need to eat small meals and healthy snacks in between to ensure that your sugar levels do not drop too low.  When you go anywhere, take some food with you so that when you start to feel a hypoglycaemic attack coming on, you can eat something before it gets worse.  May be worth getting some glucose tablets too to carry with you as a precaution, some biscuits or fruit.

It would also be worth checking your ears for any problems because that can cause dizziness (to rule this out).

I am not diabetic, but was diagnosed as glucose intolerant.  When my sugar levels drop too low, I experience sensations of extreme hunger with pain, headache and sensations that I want to vomit so I have to eat something really quickly.

Your doctor can take blood tests to check you out for diabetes and it also may be worth you having a glucose test.

Best wishes
Could be hypoglycemia, as the others said, or maybe a mild stomach bug?  Just because the onset was so sudden and you had some diarrhea as well.  I sometimes have problems with dropping my blood sugar (not diabetic), and there are some diet tricks you can use.  The best is to eat protein at every meal, because protein takes longer to digest and creates a steadier inflow of energy.  You should eat complex carbohydrates in favor of simple ones, so getting out the whole grain bread and cutting out sugary pastries or cereal for breakfast could be in order.  I have problems if I eat only cereal or pastries for breakfast, because I'm hungry less than 2 hours later.  

When you already have a low blood sugar, though, sweet is what you want.  Since I sometimes get really nauseous when I'm low, I've sucked on a spoonful of sugar before until I could stomach something a little more solid.  You can absorb sugar directly through your mouth to your bloodstream, which is why that works.  You can carry little icing things with you if you need to.  Juice works to spike your blood sugar quickly as well.  Once you've gotten out of the hole, eat something more substantial to avoid heading straight back down again.  

You should definitely talk to your doctor about why you're having these spells, and get the appropriate tests.  I think you can also buy blood glucose testers at the drug store.  They're normally for diabetics, but you could use it to test what your sugar is when you feel faint like that if it keeps happening.
I thought it was low blood sugar too at first but after a couple days passed I realized I have a stomach bug. I have all the symptoms. Dizziness, fever, nausea, diarrhea, weakness, etc. My dad's getting the same symptoms, too, and it IS that time of the year.

Thank you for the advice, turns out I have a stomach bug, not low blood sugar. I've got all the symptoms. Fever, weakness, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, etc. My dad's getting the same symptoms, too, so that adds to my belief that it really is just a stomach bug. A bad one for sure, though. This is day 4, hopefully it won't last much longer than this.
Turns out it is indeed a stomach bug. I have all the symptoms, plus my dad's getting them now too. Fever, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, weakness.
Be sure to take probiotics to help your body fight the bad bugs with good bacteria!-