General Health Community
Does Elidel thin the skin at all?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Does Elidel thin the skin at all?!

Okay, I know what Elidel is and that it is a non-steroidal treatment to dermatitis. However, I want to know if it thins the skin at all, to any extent? I read on the internet from multiple websites, that TCI's do not cause skin thinning or the side effects associated with steroid ointments, which is why it's usually used. However, one website stated that Elidel does not thin the skin "as much as" steroid creams do! So which is it for sure? Does it, or does it NOT thin the skin in any way?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
I can opine about the exact treatment of your condition only after complete clinical examination.Elidel is very useful in treating mild to moderate eczema in immunocompromised individuals who do not respond to conventional therapy. Elidel cream does not cause skin thinning. It is suggested to consult your dermatologist before using it. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and kind regards!
Thanks for the response doctor. However, what effects would Elidel likely have on normal skin, or skin that didn't actually have eczema? I used it for 12 days (twice daily) on already thin skin for what I thought was dermatitis, although after this time I saw no improvement so therefore discontinued its use. Also, in your opinion, was "almost two weeks" too long to use Elidel without beneficial results or what harm could have it done? <Please answer this!