Dog Bite - ER Doc said no need for rabies shot
I live in Toronto, Canada.  Homeless looking guy with a pitbull bit my hand and it's infected.  I'm on an IV antibiotics program where I have to go in daily for the treatment.  Initially a doctor was to order rabies vaccine from the public health board, however the ER doctor said that I don't need to have it, as there has been no rabies cases with dogs in the Toronto area over since the 70s.  He also said being that the dog was on a leash, chances are the dog does not have rabies or it would have been running rabid.  So he recommended not to get it as the risk/reward isn't worth the side effects.  

What should I do?
when did that happened..?do you have any fear or  other symptoms...?
I wouldn't worry about it either - Rabies is pretty rare in a urban setting - especially Toronto.  The ER docs have to stay up to date with the statistics, and if he wasn't worried about rabies, then I wouldn't be either. It's apparently quite the ordeal, and I'm sure that if the doc thought it was needed, you'd get one right there in the emerg. :-)
I would ask for another opinion and deff get a rabies shot.
I wouldn't take chances where rabies is concerned.  I'd ask for the shot.