General Health Community
ENLARGED SPLEEN

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

ENLARGED SPLEEN

Hi I dont know if anyone can give me some advice,

I had a very bad gastro infection nearly 5yrs ago, it was called cryptosporidium,

Just last week my Dr from an ultra-sound found I had an Enlarged Spleen at 15.3cm when it should only be 11, also my Platelet level was a bit below normal, I'd been having protein in my urine for some weeks and this is what prompted my Dr to do the Ultra-sound,

I now need to see a Heamatologist to see if he/she can shed any light on this situation, All other organs appeared to look ok from the Ultra-sound.

My Dr thinks it COULD be down to the Cryptosporidium Infection??? But cant give a definate answer at the moment, the other thing is that I have been on a cocktail of medication now for nearly 5years of which the medications I am taking as a result of what this bug did to me, I have been taking alot of pain relief medication, and alot of aspririn, Diclofenac, Amytriptalyne, and lots of others,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what they think? Could long term use of lots of medication cause an enlarged Spleen? or could it be down to this Cryptosporidium Infection?

Any answers and advice is MUCH appriciated :)

Many thanks,

Chazz