General Health Community
Excessive sweating

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Excessive sweating

I am a 18 year old male. For my entire life I have never had any problems with excessive sweating. But a few weeks ago I started a new deodorant (Speed Stick gel). I had been using old spice gel before. And ever since then I have been sweating much much more. Until now I had never had sweat drip down my arms (except for long periods of physical exercise). But know when I am sitting in my house with a tee-shirt on I have sweat dripping down my arms. I have stopped the deodorant, but the sweating is not going away.
Other than changing deodorant nothing in my life had changed.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  
your body is still growing and your hormones are probably just flying everywhere.. just give it time and i'm sure it will go away. for right now to help try dressing it cool clothes and if you feel warm put a clod wash cloth on the back of your neck
you aren't alone man the same thing happens to me.  I can be sitting shirtless at my desk and i'll drip sweat from my arm.  It hasn't bugged me too much so i haven't really done much about but clean it off.  They sell an odorless deodorant at stores like walmart for say 6 bucks that is suppose to help with this.  If it really bugs you i'd ssay go out and buy it.  but really is no big deal.  nothing is wrong with you.
Did you switch from an anti-persperent to a regular deodorant? Anti-persperant stop some sweating.