General Health Community
External Female Itching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

External Female Itching

I have horrible itching in my external female area.  I also have severe redness and itching all around the inside  and top of my upper thighs.  There is not internal female discomfort at all.  I admit I am a little overweight and I live in Florida so heat and moisture are probably the cause of the problem.  I just need a solution on how to make it go away, I'm going crazy with the itching and it looks horrible
I found this article for you...YES women can have jock itch too!  Or you could possibly have  ayeats infection left untreated!

Here ya go..and also I would go see a doctor ASAP.

You don't have to be an athlete—you don't even have to wear a jock—to contract itchy genitals.

Friction and fungus are the two primary causes of genital itching. Skin rubbing against skin generates heat and sweat to produce tender, red, itchy patches, says William Dvorine, M.D., chief of the Section of Dermatology at St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore and author of Dermatologist's Guide to Home Skin Treatment. People who are physically active or obese are especially susceptible. The itch may appear as a little bit of redness anywhere on the genitals but can advance to more serious inflammation, with scabs and scaling or tender, moist spots where skin has peeled away.

If caused by fungus, the itch and redness will appear more gradually, says Dr. Dvorine. The patches of scaly skin will have defined, ringlike borders—hence the medical name Tinea cruris, or ringworm of the groin.

Fungus-caused jock itch predominates in the summer, says Jack L. Lesher, Jr., M,D., associate professor of dermatology at the Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine in Augusta. "Fungus kind of likes warm, damp places to grow," he says, "but you don't need a fungal infection to get jock itch."

Hope this helps...living in Florida with all the humidity isn't helping either!  
Yes, it sure could be a fungus, also, there is a type of Yeast Infection/Fungus called Candida, this can cause some of the problems you are mentioning too, the doctor can give you a drug called Nyastatin, it is really good for fungus and Candida.

I used to live in Florida, so I can sure relate to the humidity and heat; it sure does not help matters any.

Oh, by the way, Nyastatin is not a statin, it is pure anti-fungal, I don't know why it has this name.