General Health Community
Extremely Sharp Pain in Right Palm (just below fingers) Please help...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Hello, The last few days I have had this extremely sharp pain in the palm of my right hand just under the fingers. It doesn't feel like a muscle spasm. It almost feels electrical. It happens sometimes with the slightest touch or movement. Then there are times when I can push all over the exact spot & no pain at all. I am right handed & just started the fall semester. This is really debilitating. I need the use of my hand. I also cannot make a tight fist or have any object apply pressure to the area. The best way to describe this is that it feels like either a really deep sensitive bruise or a nerve in my hand is damaged. I don't really think it is a bone fracture. But then again, I am no expert. Thus, the request for advice...

Another symptom I am having & I am not sure they are related is that I get these weird burning pains in various places throughout my body. It sometimes feels like it is deep & other times like it is just on the surface of my skin. In those same places, after I experience the burning pain, the area feels like it is bruised. But there is never discoloration. I apologize for being so elaborate in my description of my ailment. It just want to provide as much detail as I can. Thank you to anyone that gives me a prompt & just as detailed response...
my partner has that in his hand and has been diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome. have you seen a doctor?