General Health Community
Fatigue, swollen lymph node, back pain, low grade fever

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

For about seven months now I have had extreme fatigue; I can sleep for five hours or fourteen hours, it does not matter how much or how little sleep I get, I am always tired. I am constantly late for work as I can not get up and I find myself nearly falling asleep while driving and constantly wanting to take naps. My doctor thinks it may be sleep apnea due to the fact that I have started snoring about the same time and I have scheduled a consulation for sleep apnea.

Around November of last year I started having severe back pain that lasted for about a week. It went away but I began having the pain again in February. The pain was at my lower spine and was so severe I went to the emergency room; it hurt to walk, sit, bend, etc. X-rays were taken but everything was reported to be fine. The pain lasted about two weeks and now I have occassional pain. For example, tonight I was cleaning the rims of my car, the entire right side of my back was in pain.

On May 18 I started coughing and had a low grade fever. I went to the dr. but was not given anything to take as the dr. said it was too early as I had only been sick for a day. A week and a half later I went back to the dr. and was told that I had walking pneumonia. Yesterday, I was AGAIN at the doctors for other nonrelated reasons and was told that I still had a low grade fever. Today, while showering I found a small lump on the back of my neck at the hairline. It is round and does not hurt. ( I only have one pill left to take for the walking pneumonia, which I take tomorrow).

In addition, I have been having more headaches than normal lately. I had one Sunday and Monday of this week.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have been exhausted for seven months now and feel like I am at the doctor's every day. I am tired and just want to know what, if anything, is wrong so that I can fix it.

Just some basic information, I am 25 years old and have generally always been in good health. I have never had any surgeries. I work and am currently looking for new employment due to the amount of stress my job has given me lately. I love my job but am incredibly stressed. Maybe this has something to do with it. I don't know.

Thank you for your time and assistance if you are able to give me advice.
I forgot to add. I have had blood work completed and I do not have diabetes. It was thought that I had B12 deficiency but after about 10 shots it was determined that this was not the case.