Fatigue after GI Bleed
I was hospitalized for a GI bleed from a gastric ulcer which caused acute blood anemia about 4 weeks ago. After I was discharged I started to feel better and get my energy back after 2 weeks. (I received 2 units of blood in the hospital). But, in the past week I have increasing started to get fatigued and only able to do limited min. activities. I also get easily short of breath when I exert too much. I went to instacare and they said my levels were up from when I was in the hospital and they really couldn't explain my sudden onset on feeling lousy again. I had black stools when I went into the hospital, but haven't had any since. I am stumped and frustrated about feeling crappy again and my doctor doesn't really know the cause. At first, I thought it was in my head, but my husband asked me why I was looking pale again. So, I know it isn't in my head. And I eat right and drink a lot of fluids. Any ideas or suggestions out there. Thank you! RK
Hi there,
There are many causes of generalized weakness.Anemia, dehydration, hypoglycaemia, kidney disease, hypoelectrolytaemia, hypo/hyperthyroidism; liver disease all can cause weakness and fatigue. Anxiety and depression can also cause generalized weakness and fatigue. Take a balanced diet and take adequate rest. A clinical examination and work up for above mentioned causes may be helpful See a pyhsician.He may further refer you to a specialist depending on the clinical examination findings. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Time to get checked out on your blood-work for a secondary infection I hope it's not, but to be on the safe side. I got MRSA  from the hospital.
Thank you for your response. I have an appointment with the GI specialist next week and I will discuss the options for my illness as you have mentioned. Thanks again, RK
Thank you for your response. I am going to the specialist next week and I will ask him about the possibilities of an infection.
Thanks again, RK