General Health Community
Fever and shaking

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Fever and shaking

My 13 year old daughter started with a fever of 102, she took a dose of Tylenol at 7pm and then woke up shaking all over at 1am. Her temp is now 100.  Is shaking normal like this for her age?
Shaking is not that uncommon with a fever. You should try to get her in to see the Dr today to find out what's going on. It could be a virus, the flu or any number of things. Is she having any other symptoms besides a fever and shaking?  Remar
Shaking is a body protective mechanism to produce heat within the muscles. It doesn't depend on the age actually but depends on the type of fever a patient is having. I feel your daughter is having most probably a viral fever, however better to consult your family doctor. thanks
Its called shivering from the fall in temp.