Fever that cycles every 2-3 weeks in children
I have read quite a few questions in regards to children who seem to have a 2-3 week cycle of getting a fever, with that being the only real symptom.  My 2 3/4 yr old son who was diagnosed w/autism has had this same thing happening.  He is otherwise healthy.  For the last 2-3 months he has gotton a fever ranging from 101-103 for 1-2 days at a time and no other noticeable symptoms then it just magically goes away just as magically as it appeared, then the cycle starts over in about 3 weeks.  I was mystified, and thought that the Dr would think that I was imagining this.  I told the Dr at my daughter's 2 month appointment the other day.  She told me that it was a normal thing having to do with the white blood cell count- there was a name for it but I forgot.  Anyway she said that if it countinued that he would have to be brought in for weekly blood picks to check WBC count.  I can't recall but either the count sky rockets or plumitts.  Either way she said due to his sensory problems and autism she didn't want to do the blood checks unless absolutely necessary, so I understood it not to be a major deal.  I can not believe that I forgot what she called it.  I will call her tommorrow and ask her!  Hope this helps people some what.  Charlene

This discussion is related to 7 year old son with recurring fever.
Try to Google PFAPA it seems to be what my son was just diagnosed with a monthly fever for over 13 months