Film Results
Would an M.R.I. of the neck and lumbar spine be able to see if I was pregnant?
they ask you to find out if you are pregnant or could possibliy could be before the test and you have to inform them before the test is done
MR Imaging may be used in pregnant women if other non-ionizing forms of diagnostic imaging are inadequate or if the examination provides important information that would otherwise require exposure to ionizing radiation (e.g., fluoroscopy, CT, etc.). Pregnant patients should be informed that there has been no indication that the use of clinical MR Imaging during pregnancy has produced deleterious effects. With that said, a standard MR Imaging of the neck and lumbar regions of the spine will be precisely targeted for those areas. There are other things factored in when imaging for the fetus. Always inform your prescribing Physician first and then the Imaging Technician if you are pregnant.
no.
If you asking if the MRI could tell you if you are pregnant, well, I doubt it, the test is only for the neck and lumbar area. Now, if you are wondering if you can have one during pregnancy, that is up to the doctor, they will need to know of course, then they can determine what dye, if any, to use. If the test does not require dye, it may not be as tricky.

In any event, if you even think you may be pregnant, please tell the doctor and tech before the test.