Finger Puncture
punctured my finger in the joint and now it is swollen and I cant bend it and it really is painful
I dont know what to do
How long ago did this happen?
You need to see your doctor or go to the ER.  Xrays need to be done to rule out any fractures/dislocations and unless you've had one recently, youll probably need a tetanus booster.  Puncture wounds can very easily get infected, so you may also require a round of antibiotics.

Meanwhile, until you can see your doc or get to the ER, apply ice and elevate your hand as best as you can (to reduce swelling and hopefully pain)

Best of luck - please keep us posted on how you're doing and what you find out.
Yes you need to see a doctor immediately! Punture wounds are known for causing infections. The fact that you felt it pierce the joint  can be serious. As the last post said you will need some tests, update your tetanus and get on antibiotics. Do you see any red streaks going away from the wound? I hope not. Please go to the ER or if they can get you into your doctor now that will be ok . They usually have Xray departments and can handle this type of situation just tell them you have an infection from a punture would and need to be seen right away (not tomorrow). If not got to the ER!
take care,
mkh9