General Health Community
Four year old with swollen lymph node

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Four year old with swollen lymph node

My four year old daughter has had a swollen lymph node behind one ear for over eight months now. She was taken to the doctor to have it checked. At the time, one node in her neck was also swollen. They had thought it had come from a skin infection on her head, where she had a bug bite and had scratched it. They said to call back if it didn't get any better. It is still swollen, not painful, and I have called back several times. I have spoken with different nurses, and they do not seem concerned. They tell me it's normal and to watch that it doesn't get any larger. It hasn't gotten red or larger, or painful, but does that really mean it's ok? I want to relax about it but I am worried.
I had a swollen lymph node behind my ear too. For several months I thought I was getting sick all the time. I had runny nose, red eyes and felt weak. When I got the swollen lymph node I went to the doctor and turned out that I am allergic to several things. The lymph node is still swollen and is slowly getting smaller and it doesn't hurt anymore.