Free fluid found in pelvis, around liver and mesentary
Recently I was admitted to the hospital for an esophageal ulcer and upon testing they found moderate amounts of free fluid in my pelvis, around my liver and mesentary.  None of the doctors I have seen can explain why this fluid was present.  I am a bit worried because no one knows why it is there.  I do have a history of ovarian cysts, but the doctors told me the fluid amount was too much for it to simply be a ruptured cyst, plus the was not pain.  Any information could help at this point.  They are following up with Ultra Sounds, but there have been no other things done about it yet.
You are suffering from ascites, accumulation of fluid in the peritoneum. It is caused by liver disease, could be inflammation or portal hypertension e.t.c. There is nothing to worry about, relax and wait for the ultrasound result to come out. Hope it helped and take care!