General Health Community
GTT Test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

GTT Test

i had a gtt test done i fasted and my starting blood sugar was 90  it was a 3 hour test but i dont know full results all i know is when i went home i tested my sugar and it was 65.........they called and said i have hypoglycemia but they never said what kind.....plus when i get my muscle pain and nausea i test it on my glucose meter and im always around 100 so im not gettin what is going on ....cause low blood sugar is considered under 70 at least ......they sending me to a specialist?? should i be worried, im not even sure about anything
You can ask for your results. When you do get them it would be great if you could post them here.
Are you testing fasting, or after eating? If your testing it fasting and it's 65 that's low. If you've ate something and it's around 100 that's pretty normal.
It looks to me like when they did the 3 hour test your sugar kept dropping, which would indicate hypoglycemia.
I wish I could be of more help to you. I hope you can get your results and post them. We have a wonderful diabetes forum here if you want to post your question there. Take care. Remar
im a little worried, i dont think it make sense that they say i am, my chest always hurts and my upper back pain is unbearable, dizziness out of no where, i used to drop on my knees and couldnt see for like 10 seconds , they did a echo of my heart, and they say its hypoglycemia so idk i go to bed and i wake up with my chest hurting, i test sugar and its 104 or around there  my pulse drops to 50 at night :(  it took them a year to say its hypoglycemia
can i get effects even if my sugar is at 90 or so
Usually you can start feeling effects in the upper 70's. When mine gets into the 70's or low 80's I feel weak and dizzy. I don't have diabetes. I know I need to eat something though.
It's normal for your pulse to drop at night when your sleeping. Resting pulse during the day is around 75.
Is your pulse dropping when your awake at night?
I see that your young and would'nt think about heart problems but you might want to get further testing in that area.An echo won't tell you everything.  Your Dr might want you to take a treadmill test and or put a 24 hour heart monitor on you. Don't worry if they recommend that. You wear it at home. I had one done. And the treadmill is a breeze.
Yes, you can get dizzy and feel faint if your blood sugar drops. But the chest and back pain does'nt fit. Let me do some more research to see if those are symptoms. I'll get back to you shortly. Take care. Remar
Okay, I looked up the symptoms of Hypoglycemia and chest and back pain are not symptoms.
You said you had nausea along with this pain. I'm wondering if it may be GERD. Where are you having the pain, what side of your back and chest? I'll do some research on that and get back to you. Remar
im having problems with my hpyoglyecemia, i dont have a diet plan made up and i cant get into a specialist for a month, and im confused , have many carbs fiber and protiein i need for each meal , it says 6 small meals a day uggg  i just kinda need a list of stuff cause i cant control it i wake up ****** and go to bed ******
they said i dont need a treadmill test, i had to beg them to give me chest xray and ultrasound
i have a family history of diabetes adn heart disease and hypoglycemia
does anyone know anything about chronic fatigue syndrome, i know for sure im hypogglycemic  i used to wake up sweating and i never ate much but i have been eating healthy for over 9 months.......first they told me i had virtigo, then said aniexty, now hypoglycemia , i do smoke   and my blood pressure does get low sometimes but they said its not low enough, and i average 75-110 bpm when standing and 52 while resting at night and when waking
plus i was hooked to ekg for about a week while i walked and stuff, they did this when i was up in a psychological ward, they pretty much forced me sayin i had bad aniexty this was befoe any test were ran, my urine does get foamy especially worse in morning, looks foamy and bubbbly but they checked for protein and the urine sample came back normal...im like a medical nightmare with no insurance about 20,000 dollars in bills, and adding up more...the doctors have ate me dry with money, i hope no one has to go through this ever its hard, escially when theres no medical help out there i can find , and when i cant work makes it even worse
and im currently taking klnopin and zoloft, which is useless just taking it cause doctors through me on it right away and i cant just get off of it cause of withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms
75 gms of glucose was the dose

86 was my fast glucose

after 1 hour 70

after 2 hour 81

after 3 hours 43

is this reactive most likely and how does it look to you, dosent look that good to me
Hi, I have'nt forgotten about you. I was'nt able to get on here for over a week.
It does look like your hypoglycemic from your results.  
Low blood pressure can also make you feel weak and dizzy.