Gag reflex
I have an eating disorder and I have been on and off binging and purging for 22 years. I think I have lost my gag reflex. I am just seeking help with a professional for this. Will my gag reflex ever return?
I'm glad to hear your working with a professional. When you have an eating disorder for so many years you've trained your body to do and not do certain things. Your counselor will help you with the gag reflex. I'm not a Dr so I can't say for sure if you'll get it back. Hopefully everything will be just fine. Keep us up to date on how your doing.. Remar
with correction of your eating disorder you could regain the mental capacity to become "grossed out" and this causes our gag reflex to naturally occur. Bulimia takes a life time to "cure" but getting the help you need helps u control your emotions. If possible seek help to understand why you did it for so many years. most of the time it is the mind in distress that causes the unhappiness that makes us develop the disorder. It's great to get help that makes us understand the "mind" reactions and the underline causes. when we know the "deep truth" it can be address to help us fully.....good luck