General Health Community
Gall bladder Issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Gall bladder Issues

I am a 32 year old female that has been suffering with severe nausea, upper right quadrant pain, sometimes to the back, mostly after meals, I have lost 35 lbs bringing me down to my lowest every of 110lbs I have had numerous tests, which were all normal except the HIDA scan which showed a normal EF of 56% but my gallbladder took over 2 hrs to empty into the intestine, with them saying biliary dyskinesia, the test brought on all my symptoms that brought me there, the GI I saw orginally thought Gallbladder removal was best choice, when i saw thew surgeon he said becasue the EF is normal my gallbladder is working and believes it might be something to do with the duct.  I am now sitting in limbo waiting to have an MRI and something called biliatry manometry.  My question is when you have a slow emptying gallbladder with normal EF what is the treatment?  This has been going on since May and I am at my wits end, of not being able to eat, I am exhausted from not eating properly and weak.  Any help would be appreciated as I just want to get this behind me so I can move on.  Thanks!
I had my gall bladder removed a year ago, it helped a lot. See another Dr.
Did u have normal EF with biliary dyskinesia??  
Hi all my GB test were normal my HiDA SCAN was like 70%.  My surgeon said it is possible that all the tests be normal and the gall bladder still be bad.  Since  the HIDA Scan brought on the symptoms I'd have your gall bladder removed. If that surgeon wouldn't remove it I'd find one who would.   I had mine removed and felt better almost immediately after surgery.  I really think you will be glad you did.  I Hope This Helps.  
In my opinion, your treatment will depend on the results of this MRI and possibly other testing.  The possibility that this could be a ductal problem should be RULED OUT.  

Although the HIDA scan results were ok if other documentation can support the need for the Gallbladder to be removed, then it should be removed.  Surgeries MUST meet criterias to be performed.  
I agrree I was to make sure its not the ducts before i remove the gallbladder, but if the ducts are normal doesnt this mean it was a sluggish gallbladder causing my problems, and not the ducts... I am following the appropriate steps to make sure... the surgeon felt since the EF was normal the 2 hr plus delay might be the ducts... thanks to both of you for your advice. If the ducts are normal I will go from there and see what they think we should do next... I just know i cant keep going on like this, I am already lower then I have been weight wise and cant deal with the pain every time I eat something,.,, God forbid I eat the wrong thing... then im curled over with pain and vomitting.
Has the GI Specialist prescribed anything for you?  i.e. Reglan?  A PPI, i.e. Prilosec, Protonix, etc.?
Only thing he has given me well I wait for MRCP and Biliary manometry is buscopan and demerol for pain... buscopan does not seem to be helping and demerol I dont really want to take unless 100% necessary... the whole waiting game is becoming very frustrating, just wonder if it really is the duct if its not dropping into the ducts fir such a delay?  Doesnt that sound more like gallbladder itself?  (guess thats what I am not the doctor lol)
I cannot be so sure to say it is the gallbladder itself because the EF is ok.  It is possible you could have an excessive amount of sludge from the gallbladder building up in a duct or a stone developing in the duct or something else going on with duct.  The MRCP and Biliary should give a better picture of what is going on.  

Buscopan?  I don't think that was a good choice to prescribe.  Did you let your physician know it is not working?  Good idea to take the Demerol ONLY if needed because narcotics can cause unwanted side effects on the GI system.  
Ya I am hoping it will show a better idea of whats going on... they cant just keep me hanging, I almost feel they are unsure what to do so they keep delaying.. i really dont want gallbladder out unless they are sure it will fix it, last thing i need is more issues... I am on the cancellation list for the new GI who specializes in the ERCP biliary manometry... so a third opinion is definitely welcomed...just so far away if someone doesnt cancel... already ruined my summer guess I guess Xmas is just another thing i can add to my list.  Have not talked to my GI since he made the appt for MRCP and other GI just trying to be patient and wait til after the MRCP... (here in Canada we have good health care but we wait along time for specialists and tests)