General Health Community
General Health

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

General Health

For the past 3 1/2 years my wife has been suffering with frequent bowel movements w/stomach pains,fast heart rate and sweating. Everytime she eats or drinks anything 10-15 min later sometimes 25-30 min later she has a bowel movement and stays on the toilet for about an hour all the time. Her stool is usually very loose and the other day she had some white jelly or mucus like substance come out.During this time she has seen about 3 GI doctors and 2 bariatric doctors. One of the bariatric doctors felt that she needed a Gastric revision but it had to go through a board of his peers and they felt that it wasn't warranted. She has pains in her middle abdomen just about everyday,we thought it was IBS but she still have pains even after bowel movements and it continues. During and after eating she sweats especially from her nose area and her heart rate goes up.She has seen and currently seeing a cardiologist for her heart and is on medication,she never had heart problems like this prior and it seems like the heart rate is tied in with the pain and bowel movement. After every bowel movement she becomes hungry and she has about 9-10 bowel movements a day or more and looses 4-5 pounds a day.
My wife had Gastric Bypass Surgery roux-en-y 8 yrs ago and her gallbladder was removed during this surgery,I read that 17% of patients that had gallbladder removal had long term bowel complications and bile. Or could this be vagus nerve because she is having related symptoms.What kind of doctor can test for vagus nerve disorders? .
Some heart medications can cause diarrhea.  She may need to have her Dr. change her prescription.  She shouldn't have let this go on for so long as it can cause stomach damage.  I have a lot of stomach trouble too and underwent a fundiplication to  help with reflux. (Didn't work).  So am going to try Nux Vomica from the health food store.   Supposed to help with colic, stomach spasms, reflux, IBS, Chrons, etc.   It supposedly also cures ulcers.  I have found that if I eat coleslaw, it stops the symptoms temporarily.  Perhaps she can try cabbage until she can get to the Dr. and she should ask him about the Nux Vomica.
Sepia is recommended also for stomach problems particularly in women.  A dose of  6c is best to start with.  30c is what is normally sold, but it is too strong for some people especially those with heart problems. -  Probiotics help with diarrhea also.  I hope your wife gets well soon. :(
Well Shelby sounds like your describing word for word Carcinoid Syndrome as in the symptoms of neuroendocrine cancer or carcinoid cancer. Don't know where you live but if I wher you i would get your wife to the nearest specialist which may be a drive as there are only a handful ok 6 in the USA that know enough to be able to effectivaly dx and treat this disease. go to carcinoid.org   and   ****.org   to get the help that your wife needs I wouldn't waste a moment, Im no Doc but wow "if you hear hoofbeats then it must be ,....thats right, a Zebra !