Grape size lump in neck for years
I have had a grape size lump in my neck for a number of years now. Its on the top right hand side of the neck, under the corner of jaw bone, right in the corner of the neck. I always thought it was a swollen gland and didnt think anything of it until i googled it and now anxiety has set in.

It cant be seen but can be easily felt just by lightly touching the skin. In comparison you cant feel anything on the other side of my throat at all so whatever it is, is definitely larger than the other side. It is moveable slightly but seems to be semi fixed maybe to the muscle running down my neck. It also moves and clicks when I swallow. It is completely painless. I do intend to ask my doc about it when I visit her next week but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Is this the right place for a lymph node or could I just be feeling larger cartilage?

Hi and welcome. Well from what you describe it is the exact location of your lymph node. One just might be bigger than the other one. Im sure your ok and is most likly  the node. Stop googling about this and just wait to see the good ole Doc.
Thank you, after visiting the my GP today they told me they think it is most likely a reactive lymph node which has remained permanently swollen but going for a blood test next week followed by a FNA as the British guidelines on detection of a swollen lymph node over a long term are strict, so hopefully this will rule out anything too serious.

Thank you again for your help.
Good to know you are going to your Doctor.  

Perhaps, an x-ray is needed so a visual aspect is obtained.  In my experience, I had an enlarged thyroid.

May not be your case but a good start to check it out.