General Health Community
HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

HELP

26 year old Female - Suffering with chronic hives for the last 14 months (more recently the hives are leaving bruises on my legs), vertigo/dizziness for 5+ years (vision goes black or distorted, legs start shaking, head feels heavy, loss of coordination, feels like i will faint), diarrhea&constipation, back pain, wrist pain, pins&needles in my feet and sometimes hands, I'm 5'8 and went from weighing 180lbs to 125lbs in the last year without any real dieting (i eat a lot of food and still get dizzy), i went to my doctor and completed a B/W test and everything came back normal.
Catherine,

This is avery severe set of symptoms you've described here.  I cant speak to the hives which progressed to bruising or the chronic vertigo but both of these are very significant symptoms which could be caused by neurologic issues.  But the most concerning info you provided was the loss of 55 lbs over a year without trying.  I dont really know how to say this without being blunt but when someone has significant weight loss in a relatively short period of time without trying thats usually associated with cancer. Now, I'm no doctor, so take what I say with a grain salt.  This is just what I associate that particular part of your  history with and I would feel guilty for not putting that out there.  Hopefully I'm wrong but with the wide range of pretty serious symptoms your having you need to seek a quality medical professional to find out whats going on.  

Best of luck to you

Thank you for the information and replying so quickly!
Wow!  it sounds very serious... so sorry you are suffering.  - You might have to use a food diary to find out what is causing your hives.  For instance, you could be eating blueberries because they are recommended for losing weight and heart health... but if you are allergic to them you get hives and that means your body can't tolerate them

Try eliminating some of the things you are eating to discover what is causing the hives. -  Is your diet very limited?   Do you take antihistimines like Chlorphenaramine for the hives? Or Benedryl?  You may need to be tested by an allergist to determine your problem.

I sincerely hope it isn't cancer... best wishes.  And please keep us posted - we care.
Sorry I'm not help but I saw this post and is crazy because I'm a 24 year old female who has all the same symptoms. The hives drives me crazy, they also have been for 14 months. The other symptoms progressed about 3 months ago and are so severe I've lost my job over it. I've been to 8 doctors and 2 er visits and nothing can be found... Very discouraging. My next step is the neurologist but I can't get in until aug 13... I'm sorry you're going thru such a similar case please keep me updated - wishin you well.