Hangovers (fatigue, irritability, lethargy) after 1 or 2 drinks
I am a 37 yr old mail. When I was younger (18-30 ) I would drink alcohol almost every weekend and each time I would typically consume perhaps 4-8 drinks -usually beer. There was a lot of 'binge drinking'.  As I got older (late 20s/early 30s), hangovers got worse and worse.

Now, I drink much less (in terms of volume) and much less frequently. However, sometimes 2-3 drinks can cause bad hangovers. Symptoms include: fatigue, irritability & lethargy. I do NOT get stomach aches or headaches. I have even experienced these hangovers even after 1 pint of beer. If I have 2-3 drinks, these hangover symptoms can last up to 3 days.

What causes this and is there anything I can do about it? I don't want to indulge in binge drinking, but I would enjoy being able to have 2-3 drinks over the course of an evening without these consequences.
Well, that's a part of aging; things you did when you were younger that WEREN'T healthy in the first place you just CAN'T do now.  

Sounds like you just need to give up drinking alcohol.  
Thanks for the reply, but does anyone know why this actually happens physiologically? I don't know anyone else who has this type of sensitivity, regardless of their age or if they were (or were not) big drinkers previously.
I am a 26 year old male, and I have been experiencing the same problems. This began when I was on SSRI's for a six months (I have been off of them for two years), but still continues. Have you found any solutions to this problem? I found that if I drink before bed the hangovers are far worse than if I drink in the daytime.
No solution other than to not drink. I can handle about 2 drinks during the day without consequences (as long as it's during the day or late afternoon). I also find that the later I consume alcohol, the more prone I am to be affected. Basically I am trying to drink non-alcohol beer if it's at night and drink no more than 2 drinks when I do drink.