General Health Community
Headache for over 2 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Headache for over 2 months

i'm a 23 year old female. I have had an extremely painfull headache for a little over 2months now. Along with this headache i'm having sharp shooting pain through out my entire head, short blackouts and sever dizziness. I also feel somewhat weak , and have not had much of an appetite. I have tried every over the counter medicaton there is. What could this be, and should I go to the E.R.
yes you should cause you might have an illness so a doctor need to check that out??
You have to go see a doctor ASAP I had headaches and an MRI showed a Brain tumor I'm not saying that's what you have but get it checked!!!!
Hi Joni,
I'm wondering if you have a sinus infection?  Sinusitis is caused by mucus storing up in the sacs of air in our head.  These sinus sacs are located in your forehead, next to your nose on both sides. By your ears and one inside ydour head.  If you have any tenderness in these areas by touching them with you fingers, it could be infected.  It is important to get sinus infections treated when you can.  If you are having thick, yellowish or greenish drainage from your nose, that is a definate sign of infection.  In this case an ER appt is not necessary, just a trip to a clinci or dr's office.  Drink lots of water and stay on the antibiotics for the entire course or it will come back again.  If this doesn't sound like sinuses to you than you my have low blood pressure or an inner ear infection.  A Dr.'s appt is definately what you need, soon.  Don't wait so long next time.
Lilyrose77
Thanks everyone going to dr in a few
Dear Joni,
Glad you made an appt.  Let us know what you find out.
Lilyrose77
nothings wrong but I still  have my headache with the sharp pain and dizziness and blackouts and weakness. they did a bunch of tests on my heart myy ekg showed an abnormal heart beat but they werent worried about that then they check my throat so they really didn't do anything with my head so I don't know what to  do now
My grandaughter hadexactly the same symptoms as you. No one could find a reason. They kept saying they could find nothing.She went to an eye specialist in the end and was diagnosed with Optic Nerve Drusen. It is controled with tablets. She is much better now but will take the tabs forever. Go and ask for a test for this.It is imperitive you find out. Don't be put of tell them you want the test.If it isn't that at least you will know.